Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Cite This Page
Mr. and Mrs. Salt Timeline and Summary
- Mr. Salt buys half a million chocolate bars and orders his factory workers to unwrap them all, in order to win his daughter a Golden Ticket.
- At the factory, Mrs. Salt, a geography teacher, questions the existence of Loompaland when Mr. Wonka says that's where the Oompa-Loompas are from.
- Mr. Salt promises Veruca he'll get her an Oompa-Loompa before the day is done.
- Later on, Mrs. Salt makes a similar promise when she tells Veruca she'll get her a squirrel.
- Her rich husband takes out his wallet to buy a squirrel, but Mr. Wonka tells him they aren't for sale.
- When Veruca is attacked by these very same squirrels, Mr. and Mrs. Salt are horrified. They follow her into the Nut Room and are attacked themselves.
- The entire Salt family ends up being shoved down the trash chute.
- At the end of the book, Mr. and Mrs. Salt reemerge from the factory covered from head to toe in trash.