Violet Beauregarde Timeline and Summary
- Violet, the third finder of a Golden Ticket, enters the story waving the ticket around and talking a mile a minute.
- She tells everyone that her favorite thing is chewing gum. She just loves loves loves to chew gum.
- On the big day, Violet arrives at the factory still chewing a piece of gum she's been working on for three months. Yuck.
- When the group visits the great gum machine, Violet is pumped. She just has to try a piece.
- The gum tastes great at first – like tomato soup, then roast beef, then baked potato, then blueberry pie.
- But then (uh oh) she starts to turn into a giant blueberry herself. She probably wasn't betting on that.
- Willy Wonka sends Violet off to the Juicing Room, where she'll be squeezed by Oompa-Loompas until she's back to her normal size.
- When she reappears at the end of the factory visit, she's back to her normal size, but still blue.
Next Page: Augustus Gloop Timeline
Previous Page: Veruca Salt