Charlotte's Web Chapter 12 Summary
- Remember how Charlotte can be bossy sometimes? Well, this is one of those times. It's been a few days since her message in the web went viral and she's called a meeting in the barn.
- First thing on the agenda: roll call. Wilbur? Check. Gander and goslings? Check and seven little checks. Lamb? Present. Templeton?
- Radio silence. But Charlotte thinks they can just move along even in Templeton's absence. She doesn't seem to have a high opinion of her not-so-friendly rat neighbor.
- The main point of this meeting is to discuss new messages for Charlotte to weave into the web.
- Turns out that Charlotte is a master at public relations, and she realizes that the visitors will soon tire of reading the same words over and over. So a new slogan is in order.
- The goose suggests the word "terrific" and Charlotte is into this new idea. The only problem is no one is quite sure how to spell "terrific."
- The old sheep has a suggestion: ask Templeton for help. Charlotte isn't sure the selfish rat will get in on their campaign to save Wilbur.
- But Templeton could be helpful since he can fetch magazine scraps from the dump to help with spelling.
- When Templeton enters the barn, the old sheep works to convince the rat to help out. At first, Templeton doesn't care a lick about saving Wilbur's life. But when the old sheep points out that the rat gets most of his meals from Wilbur's leftovers, Templeton gets on board.
- So a plan is in motion: Templeton will collect some magazine scraps for spelling and inspiration.
- And in the meantime Charlotte is going to write "Terrific" inside her web to give everyone in the county a new sensation to gab about.
- Wilbur doesn't think he really is terrific, but Charlotte says he is so he's just going to have to go with it.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search