Charlotte A. Cavatica Timeline and Summary
- Charlotte lives in the doorframe of the barn on the Zuckerman farm.
- She likes spinning her webs and catching flies, because apparently they're yummy.
- When Wilbur comes to the barn, Charlotte gets a new friend.
- She also gets a new project: making sure Mr. Zuckerman doesn't eat her new pal for Christmas dinner.
- Charlotte schemes and schemes and finally comes up with a plan.
- She writes her first catchy slogan for Wilbur in the web: "SOME PIG!"
- After this first success, Charlotte writes "TERRIFIC" and then "RADIANT."
- Everyone loves her webs so the plan is working.
- The only downside is that no one knows it's Charlotte who's doing the writing, but that's okay. In fact, it might not even be a downside.
- When it's time for the County Fair, Charlotte joins her buddy Wilbur. At the fair, our little spider weaves her last web with the word "Humble."
- Then she makes an egg sac housing 514 spider eggs. Everyone, including Wilbur and the egg sac, heads back to the farm—except for Charlotte, who's too weak to leave.
- She dies all by herself, which is seriously sad.