Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Who do you think the speaker of the poem is?
- What is the effect of all of the personification in the poem?
- Why does the speaker love everything about Chicago, even the ugly parts? Shouldn't he acknowledge that murder and starvation are majorly bad problems?
- What is the relationship between Chicago and the rest of America in the poem?
- Do you think of "Chicago" as a love poem? Why or why not?
Next Page: Quizzes
Previous Page: Quotes