The Chocolate War
by Robert Cormier
The Chocolate War Chapter 12 Summary
- Jerry is on the football field. The coach is telling him to "Try it again" (12.1).
- Carter has been attacking him on every single play, but Jerry is pushing hard to make this seventh play a success in spite of his physical anguish.
- As Jerry runs with the ball, he sees Carter moving toward him, but Adamo tackles him.
- As Jerry passes the ball to The Goober, Carter evades Adamo, and takes Jerry down.
- But, The Goober catches the pass and scores.
- Carter and the Coach approve the play and the coach tells Jerry he might have a chance at quarterback after all.
- For a few brief moments Jerry feels completely happy.
- When he gets back to school, he finds a note on his locker telling him to appear before The Vigils for an assignment. Cue the foreboding music: Dun-dun-dun…
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...