The Chocolate War
by Robert Cormier
The Chocolate War Chapter 17 Summary
- It's the eleventh day of the chocolate sale and The Goober, like everybody else, is waiting for Brother Leon to call Jerry's name in the roll call.
- Finally, he gets to Jerry.
- Jerry says – "No!" (17.16).
- The Goober feels like his eyes are documentary cameras. He looks first at Jerry, then at Leon.
- Leon is obviously utterly surprised by this recent turn of events.
- Leon says Jerry's name again.
- Jerry says, "No. I'm not going to sell the chocolates" (17.20).
- And then everyone is very, very quiet.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...