The Chocolate War
The Chocolate War Chapter 33 Summary
- Archie is griping at Emile on the phone.
- What did Emile think he was doing? He didn't tell him to "gang bang" (33.3) Jerry.
- Emile says he thought it would be more "Psychological" (33.4) if Jerry was attacked by a whole pack of guys.
- Archie asks Emile if he accused Jerry of being gay.
- Emile says that it worked really well. Jerry freaked out. He wants to know if Jerry really is gay.
- Archie says that Jerry isn't and that's the point. He explains, "If you want to get under a guy's skin, accuse him of being something he isn't. Otherwise, you're only telling him something he knows" (33.9). Archie thinks, "The silence on the phone indicate[s] Emile's appreciation of Archie's genius" (33.10).
- Emile is ready for another assignment, but Archie tells him to lay low for the time being.
- Emile once again asks Archie about the photograph.
- Archie confesses that there is no photo.
- Emile isn't sure if he believes him.
- Archie hints that Emile has a future with him, and Emile wonders if that means he'll be a Vigil soon. It would be so awesome if he could be a Vigil, and not have to worry about the stupid picture anymore.
- When Emile gets off the phone with Archie, though, he still doesn't trust him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...