The Chocolate War Chapter 39 Summary
- Obie and Archie are sitting in the bleachers. Archie's telling Obie how Brother Jacques was on his case, and how Leon came and got him out of trouble.
- Obie tells Archie how he saw Leon watching from the hill.
- Yeah, Archie had called Leon's house, so Leon wouldn't miss the fun.
- Obie tells Archie that one of these day, Archie will get what's coming to him.
- Archie tells Obie that he isn't going to punish him for bringing the black box up into the ring tonight.
- Then he asks about the chocolates. The chocolates, it seems, were snatched up by the kids when the lights went out. But, Brian has all the money from the raffle.
- Archie asks Obie if he has a Hershey, and Obie says he doesn't.
- Again, the lights go out. Soon, Archie and Obie get up and leave.
- (If you want to read more about this ending, check out "What's Up With the Ending?")
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...