Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Which do you think is the better story: this version of "Cinderella" (basically the Grimms') or the Disney version? What makes it better or worse?
- Do you think everyone deserves what they get in this story? Why or why not?
- What effect does turning "Cinderella" into a poem have on the whole story? Why bother turning a fairy tale into a poem in the first place?
- Do you believe you can really get something for nothing? Do you think that's what the poem is suggesting? Why or why not?
- Why do you think that money doesn't automatically make everyone happy in "Cinderella"? What do you think the point of that message is?
Next Page: Best of the Web
Previous Page: Quotes