City of Bones
by Cassandra Clare
City of Bones Epilogue Summary
How It All Goes Down
The Ascent Beckons
- Clary's mother has been hospitalized in a comatose-like state for over three days, while Clary visits her every day.
- After visiting hours, Simon takes Clary back to the Institute, where he gives her a small kiss before letting her out of the van.
- At the Institute, Clary runs into Isabelle, whom Jace has selectively filled in on a few details. For example, she knows that Hodge had his curse removed and left, but she doesn't know that he was a giant honking traitor.
- Also, Alec survived the attack from Abbadon and was nursed back to health by Magnus Bane.
- Alec takes Clary up to the greenhouse, where Jace is, and apologizes for the way he treated her.
- It seems that Jace has taken the whole evil-father thing pretty hard. He also feels sorry for Hodge, and kind of wishes he had gone through the Portal to Idris, the only place where he ever felt happy.
- He looks in the Portal shard every once in a while, watching Idris and hoping to catch a glimpse of his father.
- At the very end, Jace leads Clary to the roof of the Institute, where a new hijacked flying bio-bike is waiting.
- He takes Clary on a beautiful trip across New York City.
- Even though it's pretty gosh darn scary, Clary "kept her eyes open, so that she could see it all" (Epilogue.176).
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...