Colonial New England
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Teaching Colonial New EnglandTeacher Pass
Teaching Colonial New England Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Were the problems that beset New England during the eighteenth century predictable? Why or why not?
- Could they have been prevented? Explain.
- In general, what sort of life expectancy do religiously-based communities seem to have? Try to think of a wide range of examples and compare the differences between communities that have lasted (the Amish) and those that have not (the Puritans).
- What made the Puritan experiment particularly susceptible to erosion from within?