The Color Purple
Cite This Page
Alphonso Timeline and Summary
- Pa rapes Celie when her Mama is sick after her last baby.
- Pa gets rid of the evidence that he has abused Celie by getting rid of the children Celie gives birth to.
- He starts eyeing Nettie. Then he refuses to let Nettie marry her boyfriend, suggesting Celie as an alternative wife for Mr.__.
- After Mama dies, Pa marries the first of several young wives that he will wear out with childbearing and hard work.
- We learn that Pa is not Celie and Nettie’s real father. Instead, he married their Mama because she owned property and a dry goods store.
- Pa dies. The dry goods store and house are bequeathed to Celie and Nettie.