The Color Purple Letter Seventy-Five Summary
- Grady is all over Mary Agnes.
- Mr.__ tells Celie she’s ugly; she can’t hold a candle to Shug. Shug has looks and that’s why people like her. But what does Celie have? Why should she go to Tennessee with Shug?
- Then Celie asks if any more letters from Nettie have come. Mr.__ is surprised.
- Celie tells Mr.__ off. She says "I curse you […]. Until you do right by me, everything you touch will crumble." And she adds in some more curses as well.
- Shug pulls Celie away from Mr.__ and they leave.