Number & Operations—Fractions 5.NF.A.2
2. Solve word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions referring to the same whole, including cases of unlike denominators, e.g., by using visual fraction models or equations to represent the problem. Use benchmark fractions and number sense of fractions to estimate mentally and assess the reasonableness of answers. For example, recognize an incorrect result 2/5 + 1/2 = 3/7, by observing that 3/7 < 1/2.
- ACT Math 1.2 Pre-Algebra
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions (Spanish)
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Decimals
- Adding and Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- CAHSEE Math 1.2 Mathematical Reasoning
- CAHSEE Math 1.2 Number Sense