The Number System 7.NS.A.2
2. Apply and extend previous understandings of multiplication and division and of fractions to multiply and divide rational numbers.
We're all about recycling. Sure, it's great for the environment, but it's also super convenient to use an old shoe for a flowerpot instead of, you know, buying a new flowerpot. Lifehack!
So rather than coming up with a new set of multiplication and division rules for rational numbers, mathematicians were like, "What's wrong with the old version? Nothing, that's what."
Just like with standard 7.NS.1, this one's all about taking the used bag of tricks for whole numbers and fractions that students have been dragging around and applying them to rational numbers, too. It'll look so nice on their mantelpiece.
- ACT Math 2.2 Intermediate Algebra
- CAHSEE Math 2.2 Algebra and Functions
- CAHSEE Math 2.2 Algebra I
- CAHSEE Math 2.2 Statistics, Data, and Probability II