Composed Upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802
by William Wordsworth
Composed Upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802 Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Would Wordsworth have appreciated the city so much if he had lived there?
- Why does this famous nature poet compare nature unfavorably with London, or at least this particular London setting? Blasphemy!
- Do you agree that the poem is written in simple, common language? (Keep in mind that simple language was a little different back in the early 19th century.)
- What was the most stunning landscape you have ever seen? Did you have a chance to stop and stare at it for a while?
- Do you find that the world looks better in the early morning? If so, why? If not, what's your favorite time of day and why?
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...