Corinna's Going A-Maying
Corinna's Going A-Maying Questions
Bring on the tough stuff - there’s not just one right answer.
- Why is the title so sure of itself when the poem isn't?
- What's up with all this personification of nature? Flowers weeping and birds praying?
- Imagine that Corinna wrote a response poem. What would it say? What would its title be?
- What's the deal with religion? How would you characterize the speaker's beliefs?
- Why are the Greek and Roman gods hanging around here?
- How would you describe the speaker's relationship with Corinna: is it long-term? Have they been living together?
- We know Corinna's name but not the speaker's: how does that affect the poem?
- Will Corinna go a-Maying? Why or why not?