Coriolanus Act 1, Scene 2 Summary
- Now we head over to a Volscian city called Corioles.
- (Why yes, Corioles does sound a whole lot like the title of this play. Head to "What's Up With the Title" for the lowdown. Or, you can just wait until we get to Act 1, scene 9 to find out.)
- Tullus Aufidius (you know, the guy Caius Martius can't wait to rumble with) is at the Senate House talking to the Volscian senators about their military plans.
- Aufidius reports that Rome already knows they're planning an attack, so there goes the element of surprise. Plus, Roman soldiers may be headed to Corioles right now as they speak.
- The Senators order Aufidius to get his troops ready to invade Rome. Nah, nothing to worry about! Aufidius shouldn't come back to Corioles unless he hears that the Romans show up and invade the city.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search