Coriolanus Act 1, Scene 6 Summary
- Cut to Cominius and his troops in the battlefield.
- Cominius is delivering a pep talk to his soldiers when a messenger arrives with news that Caius Martius was driven back to the trenches outside of Corioles. (Major problem with ancient Rome: nobody has text messaging or a Twitter account, so news travels slowly.)
- Just then, Caius Martius shows up all bloody.
- Martius and Cominius are very happy to see each other. As they hug it out, Caius Martius compares the warm embrace to his super steamy wedding night. (What? This is a play about ancient Rome. Violence and warfare get these guys all hot and bothered.)
- Martius shares the good news about giving Corioles a beatdown.
- Next, Cominius brings his military bro up to speed on the current situation in the battlefield.
- Martius asks if he can be in charge of Cominius' troops so he can take a special-ops team onto the battlefield and personally kill Tullus Aufidius.
- Cominius and his soldiers are cool with this. Everyone's all "Oh! Oh! Pick me, pick me, Caius Martius!" as they throw him up in the air and cheer him on.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search