Cite This Page
Coriolanus Act 4, Scene 6 Summary Page 1
- Back in Rome, Sicinius and Brutus give each other high fives for getting Coriolanus thrown out of the city.
- They talk about how peaceful and "safe" it is in Rome with Coriolanus out of the picture.
- Now another office Aedile shows up and says he's got some bad news. Word on the streets is that Aufidius is planning an attack on Rome, despite the recent peace treaty.
- Sicinius and Brutus can't believe it.
- Then a messenger arrives and is all "Holy smokes! Coriolanus has joined forces with Aufidius and is coming to destroy us!"
- Sicinius and Brutus still can't believe it.
- Finally, another messenger shows up and repeats the same thing.
- Cominius rushes in and blames the tribunes for what's happening. He says that when their daughters and wives are raped and the city is burning, they're the ones who will be responsible.
- A bunch of plebeians show up. They're terrified.
- Now the plebeians try to act like they never really wanted to exile Coriolanus to begin with and
- then they run home to hide.
- Sicinius and Brutus rush off to the Capitol to find out what's going on.