Cite This Page
Coriolanus Act 5, Scene 1 Summary Page 1
- Back in Rome, Sicinius and Brutus beg Menenius to talk with Coriolanus and convince him not to demolish Rome.
- Menenius refuses and says Coriolanus will never listen to him. Plus, Cominius already tried to talk some sense into him but Coriolanus wasn't having it.
- Then he reflects on his relationship with Coriolanus, who was like a "son" to him and treated him like a "father." Those days are long gone.
- Sicinius and Brutus do some more begging.
- Eventually, Menenius agrees to go to Coriolanus, even though nobody seems to think it will do any good.