The Count of Monte Cristo
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 102 Summary
- The next day, it seems Valentine is dead as a doornail.
- Mrs. Villefort is the first one to find her, and the first thing she does is to pour out the drink that's sitting next to Valentine's bad. She even rinses out the glass.
- The rest of the Villefort house wakes up and finds that Valentine is dead.
- Mrs. Villefort is shocked to find that the glass next to Valentine's bed has been miraculously refilled.
- The doctor, an old hand at poison detection by this point, confirms that the drink next to Valentine's bed contains poison.
- Mrs. Villefort passes out.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search