The Count of Monte Cristo
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 108 Summary
- Villefort has been getting ready for Benedetto's trial. Today is the day Benedetto's case is tried in court.
- Before he leaves for court, Villefort tells his wife that he knows she is the one who murdered his first wife's parents (the Marquis and Marquise de Saint-Méran).
- Villefort tells her that he won't turn her in to the authorities, because that would only make him look bad too.
- Instead, Villefort tells her to kill herself.
- If she is not dead by the time he returns from court, Villefort swears to turn her into the authorities and have her publicly killed.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search