The Count of Monte Cristo
by Alexandre Dumas
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 113 Summary
The House in the Allées de Meillan
- Max and the Count go to Marseilles.
- There, they watch Albert board a ship that will take him to his post in Africa.
- Max pays his respects at his father's grave.
- The Count visits Mercédès, who is living in the old Dantès home, and he tells her he will everything he can to help Albert.
- She tells the Count she must deserve this empty life she now lives, that it must be what God intends for her.
- But the Count tells her she has free will.
- The Count meets Max at the cemetery, and he tells him to stay in Marseilles for a few days – the Count is going to Italy for a little bit on business.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...