The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 114 Summary
- Danglars's plan is to cash in the Count's receipt for five million francs at Thomas and French, the investment firm.
- Peppino, a bandit who works for Luigi Vampa, learns of Danglars's plan to collect this huge amount of money.
- Danglars is captured en route from Rome to Venice the following day.
- Danglars is taken to Vampa who throws him in a jail cell.
- There's a bed in the jail cell.
- Danglars believes he will be ransomed off for a reasonable amount of money, and that he'll be free to go soon enough. He goes to sleep on the bed in his cell.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...