The Count of Monte Cristo
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 114 Summary
- Danglars's plan is to cash in the Count's receipt for five million francs at Thomas and French, the investment firm.
- Peppino, a bandit who works for Luigi Vampa, learns of Danglars's plan to collect this huge amount of money.
- Danglars is captured en route from Rome to Venice the following day.
- Danglars is taken to Vampa who throws him in a jail cell.
- There's a bed in the jail cell.
- Danglars believes he will be ransomed off for a reasonable amount of money, and that he'll be free to go soon enough. He goes to sleep on the bed in his cell.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search