The Count of Monte Cristo
by Alexandre Dumas
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 38 Summary
- Bad news bears. The woman Albert is having such a good time chasing happens to be none other than Teresa, that very same bandit lady for whom Luigi Vampa burned down a house and stole a dress.
- More bad news: Teresa is just bait. Luigi Vampa kidnaps Albert and sends Franz a ransom note. XOXO, Luigi.
- Franz is beside himself, because he can't pay off the ransom and get his BFF back. So, he does the only thing he knows to do: he goes and asks the Count for help.
- Peppino, the dude who narrowly escaped his public execution, is the messenger that carries the ransom note. The Count asks him to lead them to the place where Albert is held hostage (which is in the Catacombs, underground).
- The second Luigi Vampa recognizes the Count, he releases Albert, apologizing hardcore.
- Albert is thrilled.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...