The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 41 Summary
- Albert gives the Count the grand tour of his house.
- The Count shows off his big brain muscles; he is a very educated dude and knows lots about all kinds of subjects. He's like that secretly smart kid in class who just seems to know everything about everything.
- Alberto shows the Count a portrait of his mom in which she gazes sadly out at the sea. Albert's dad apparently hates this painting, and that's why Albert keeps it in his house.
- Next, we meet Albert's dad who is none other than Fernand, the Count's sworn enemy. Fortunately, Fernand doesn't recognize the Count from all of those years back, and he actually warms up to the Count right away.
- That means that Albert's mom is none other than the beautiful Mercédès. She recognizes the Count instantly, but she doesn't say anything.
- Mercédès warns her son to be wary of the Count.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...