The Count of Monte Cristo
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 47 Summary
The Dappled Grays
- While the Count is busy charming Danglars to death, Mrs. Danglars catches wind that her favorite horsies have been sold without her knowing about it.
- Mrs. Danglars gets really mad.
- The Count ducks out, along with Mrs. Danglars's lover, Lucien Debray (whaaa??).
- Hoping to win the "Mr. Nice Guy of the Year" award, the Count returns the horses to Mrs. Danglars later that night.
- He knows that Mrs. Villefort is going to take the horses out for a trot the next day.
- The next day, as Mrs. Villefort is taking the horses out for a trot in her carriage, the Count manages to somehow rig a catastrophe – he somehow gets the horses to go wild just as Mrs. Villefort and her son Edward are passing by the Count's house.
- The Count's servant, Ali, calms the horses down and "saves" Mrs. Villefort and her son's lives.
- Edward faints, and the Count uses a mysterious concoction to wake him up.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search