The Count of Monte Cristo
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 52 Summary
- Potion and poison time.
- At the Villeforts', the Count and Mrs. Villefort discuss various potions and poisons.
- The Count and Mrs. Villefort's paths crossed once before in Rome.
- While in Rome, the Count had a reputation of being a great doctor, apparently.
- The Count tells Mrs. Villefort about certain concoctions that can heal someone in small doses but that are lethal in larger doses.
- Mrs. Villefort hints bigtime that she wants some of that concoction.
- The Count promises to send her some.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...