The Count of Monte Cristo
Cite This Page
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 63 Summary Page 1
- The party is really rolling at this point. They've had a delicious feast.
- The Count decides to show everybody the one room that he's left undecorated.
- He tells them that he has an eerie suspicion that a great crime had been committed in this very room.
- The Count goes on to describe the crime he feels has been committed in this room – he tells his guests he believes a baby was once smothered to death and then buried in the garden.
- The Count leads his guests to the garden and shows them the place where he claims he came upon the bones of a very small child.
- Then, he leads his guests back into party mode and offers everyone some coffee.
- Villefort and Mrs. Danglars are rattled, and Villefort tells her to visit him at his office the next day.