The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 64 Summary
- The Count's awesome party being over, the guests begin to leave.
- As Andrea Cavalcanti (a.k.a. Benedetto) is about to leave, Caderousse randomly shows up.
- Caderousse has escaped from prison, and he demands that Benedetto pay him an allowance of 200 francs per month.
- Caderousse and Benedetto knew each other years before.
- Benedetto agrees, because he doesn't want Caderousse to ruin this new gig and new life for him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...