The Count of Monte Cristo
by Alexandre Dumas
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 86 Summary
- Albert leaves Normandy and rushes to Beauchamp's house in Paris.
- He demands to know what is going on.
- Beauchamp tells him that a man arrived in Paris from Yanina with a bunch of documents that linked Fernand de Morcerf to the Ali Pasha affair.
- Because Fernand now works for the government, an investigation and trial was immediately scheduled.
- Haydée testified against Fernand, saying that when she was a slave, the Count bought her from a man who had bought her from Fernand Mondego – she has documents to prove this. What's more, the man who killed her father had a scar on his right hand exactly like the one Fernand has on his right hand.
- Fernand de Morcerf is found guilty of killing and betraying Ali Pasha.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...