The Count of Monte Cristo
by Alexandre Dumas
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 90 Summary
- Duel day.
- The Count tells his back-up crew, Max and Emmanuel, that the duel is going to be a suicidal event – he's going to let Albert kill him.
- Then he shows them how good he is with a gun – he can make it seem like he actually did try to shoot Albert so that it seems like a legitimate duel.
- Albert arrives and calls the whole thing off.
- Albert apologizes to the Count and tells him he was right to try to seek revenge on Fernand.
- It seems Mercédès has told her son the entire story of Edmond Dantès and Fernand's betrayal of him.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...