The Count of Monte Cristo
Cite This Page
The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 94 Summary Page 1
- Fearing for Valentine's life, Max visits the Count and asks him to please pretty please help him save Valentine's life.
- The Count isn't too swayed, but then he learns that Max is in love with Valentine.
- The Count promises to save Valentine's life.
- Back at the Villefort's, the doctor tells Noirtier that Valentine has been poisoned, like her grandparents were.
- Noirtier has been gradually giving Valentine tiny doses of brucine in order to help build up her immunity, and that's why she's not dead yet from the large dose of poison someone gave her.
- The Count disguises himself as Abbé Busoni again, and he rents the house next door to the Villeforts.