The Count of Monte Cristo Chapter 98 Summary
The Hotel of the Bell and the Bottle
- That night, Benedetto also leaves town.
- He stops for the night at an inn in Compiegne, but he oversleeps.
- Benedetto wakes up to find the police surrounding the inn.
- He decides to escape through his chimney, and he shimmies his way down another chimney that seems not to have a fire in it.
- But the chimney he chooses leads to the room where Louise and Eugénie are staying.
- They call for the police, and Benedetto is captured.