Writing the SAT Essay
Your personal game plan for writing the SAT Essay
Welcome one and all to the wonderful world of SAT Essay writing! To a good portion of us that world isn't so wonderful. Think the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog's bloodied lair—nightmarish. So, we created this short SAT Essay course to assuage your essay-writing worries and woes. This course, in essence, is your holy hand grenade.
Though the twenty-five minute time limit may sound like a threat bellowed from the throat of Full Metal Jacket's Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, this course is anything but. Here, we'll guide you through the SAT's Essay section, breaking it down into manageable, bite-sized pieces for easy digestion. With Shmoop's SAT Essay course, time is on your side.
With this course, you'll get:
- A step-by-step guide and outline to writing a superb essay in under twenty-five minutes
- Three sample SAT Essay prompts in tandem with scaffolding instruction toward mastering the essay
- Shmoop's secret recipe for acing the Essay
- What the Essay section looks like
- Brainstorming your response
- Outlining and essay structure
- Writing and Proofreading
Unit 1. Writing the SAT Essay
In four lessons, we'll take you through: