Sample of Reading Quizzes
Questions1. Where is Tituba originally from?
2. According to Abigail, why did Goody Proctor discharge her from her service?
3. When Mr. and Mrs. Putnam come and Reverend Parris's house, what main difference do they notice between the ailing Betty and their own sick daughter Ruth?
4. What does Mrs. Putnam reveal to Parris about her past to explain why she believes the Devil is nearby?
5. Mercy Lewis, the Putnam's servant, comes to Parris's house and tells the Putnams that Ruth has done something that shows a sign of life; what was it?
6. When Betty is left in her room with only Abigail, Mary Warren, and Mercy Lewis, who does she ask for?
7. What forbidden substance did Abigail drink?
8. When John Proctor and Abigail are alone in the room with Betty, what is revealed about their past together?
9. What is Reverend Hale's special expertise?
10. According to Tituba, what did the Devil tell her to do to Reverend Parris?
2. Goody Proctor wanted Abigail to work like a slave, Abigail says, and began to hate Abigail because she wouldn't.
3. Betty's eyes are closed, and Ruth's are open.
4. She gave birth to seven babies who died immediately after they were born.
5. Ruth sneezed.
6. Her mother, who is dead
7. Blood (from a chicken)
8. John and Abigail had a romantic encounter while Abigail was working in his house.
9. He specializes in demons and the Devil.
10. The Devil told her to kill him.