Cry, the Beloved Country
Cry, the Beloved Country Chapter 15 Summary
- Back at Mrs. Lithebe's house, the young white man from the reform school comes to talk to Kumalo. He offers to find a lawyer for Absalom.
- Then he asks if Kumalo understands that John intends to pin the whole thing—the burglary and the murder—only on Absalom. What? Not cool, dude. Some brother John is.
- At the Mission House, Father Vincent offers to find a lawyer and to marry Absalom to his pregnant girlfriend.
- But Kumalo is in a state of total despair: he can't see any way to reach his son morally or spiritually after this disaster.
- Father Vincent tells Kumalo not to try to understand the ways of God, since they're straight up mysterious. He just has to pray and keep faith.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search