Cry, the Beloved Country
Cite This Page
Cry, the Beloved Country Chapter 15 Summary Page 1
- Back at Mrs. Lithebe's house, the young white man from the reform school comes to talk to Kumalo. He offers to find a lawyer for Absalom.
- Then he asks if Kumalo understands that John intends to pin the whole thing—the burglary and the murder—only on Absalom. What? Not cool, dude. Some brother John is.
- At the Mission House, Father Vincent offers to find a lawyer and to marry Absalom to his pregnant girlfriend.
- But Kumalo is in a state of total despair: he can't see any way to reach his son morally or spiritually after this disaster.
- Father Vincent tells Kumalo not to try to understand the ways of God, since they're straight up mysterious. He just has to pray and keep faith.