Cry, the Beloved Country
Cite This Page
Cry, the Beloved Country Chapter 30 Summary Page 1
- Kumalo arrives back in Ndotsheni with his new daughter-in-law and his nephew.
- He explains to his wife that Absalom has been condemned to death and that Gertrude has disappeared.
- While all of the people in the village welcome Kumalo happily, it's plain to see that times are tough back home. There's a drought going on, and there's no corn.
- Also, somehow, everybody already knows about poor Absalom. Still, they call upon Kumalo to say a prayer for them.
- Kumalo tells a friend of his about all of his bad news, and the friend does his best to comfort him. At least the girl, Absalom's wife, seems contented in Ndotsheni.