Cry, the Beloved Country
Cry, the Beloved Country Chapter 30 Summary
- Kumalo arrives back in Ndotsheni with his new daughter-in-law and his nephew.
- He explains to his wife that Absalom has been condemned to death and that Gertrude has disappeared.
- While all of the people in the village welcome Kumalo happily, it's plain to see that times are tough back home. There's a drought going on, and there's no corn.
- Also, somehow, everybody already knows about poor Absalom. Still, they call upon Kumalo to say a prayer for them.
- Kumalo tells a friend of his about all of his bad news, and the friend does his best to comfort him. At least the girl, Absalom's wife, seems contented in Ndotsheni.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search