Cry, the Beloved Country
by Alan Paton
Cry, the Beloved Country Chapter 33 Summary
- Arthur's son comes to visit Kumalo again, and Kumalo gives the boy a Zulu lesson.
- Arthur's son also tries to practice with Kumalo's wife, but she is frightened of him and leaves.
- Later, Jarvis comes back with a new person, who introduces himself as an "agricultural demonstrator" (3.33.44). Apparently, Jarvis has brought him to Ndotsheni to teach farming to the local people.
- This man, Mr. Letsitsi, will stay with Kumalo, and he's got a lot of big ideas for how the people of Ndotsheni can make their farms more environmentally sustainable.
- Finally, something goes right for our man Kumalo.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...