Cold War: Cuban Missile Crisis to Detente
Discussion & Essay Questions
Available to teachers only as part of the Cold War: Cuban Missile Crisis to DetenteTeacher Pass
Cold War: Cuban Missile Crisis to Detente Teacher Pass includes:
- Assignments & Activities
- Reading Quizzes
- Current Events & Pop Culture articles
- Discussion & Essay Questions
- Challenges & Opportunities
- Related Readings in Literature & History
Sample of Discussion & Essay Questions
- Was there anything ironic in Kennedy's tough cold warrior position during the 1960 campaign?
- Attacking the record of Dwight Eisenhower?
- What made Kennedy a believable representative of a new toughness?
- How might America's embarrassment at the Bay of Pigs have influenced Kennedy's response to the discovery of Soviet missiles in Cuba?
- How might Kennedy's campaign rhetoric have influenced his response to the discovery of Soviet missiles in Cuba?
- Did they?
- Did Kennedy respond as you might have expected?
- What was the upside of the "near-death experience" of the crisis?
- Was there a downside?