The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Hildegarde Moncrief Timeline and Summary
- Hildegarde meets Benjamin at a social dance. She tells him that she is much more attracted to men his age – about fifty – then she is to men her own age, in their twenties.
- Hildegarde, to her father’s dismay, agrees to marry Benjamin Button.
- She and Benjamin have a son, Roscoe.
- Hildegarde grows older as Benjamin gets younger. She resents him for his reverse aging and demands that he stop it at once.
- When Benjamin returns home from college, Hildegarde is away resting in Italy.