The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Chapter 137 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- We're back to the post-hit moment with Christopher and his dad. Christopher's father apologizes for hitting him, and cleans out the cut on Christopher's cheek. To show that he's really, really sorry, he even takes Christopher to the zoo.
- Christopher takes this opportunity to list his favorite animals.
- At the zoo café, father and son have a little heart-to-heart. Christopher's father tells him that he loves him and he's sorry that sometimes he gets so angry. He's only like that because he loves Christopher so much: he worries about him and doesn't want him to get hurt.
- He asks Christopher if he understands what he's saying, but Christopher isn't quite sure.
- So he asks if Christopher at least understands that he loves him. Christopher knows that loving someone means that you help them and look after them and tell them the truth. These are all things his father does for him, so he says yes.
- And, to end the chapter, Christopher draws a map of the zoo.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search