The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Chapter 181 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Christopher describes how, unlike most people, he sees everything. He can't just glance around and focus on certain things and ignore others – it all registers with him.
- Everyone else, it turns out, is "lazy" and "almost blind" (181.3, 181.15). Thanks, Chris – how kind!
- In any case, this is why Christopher is so easily overwhelmed by new places.
- He even compares himself to a computer doing way too many calculations at once.
- When he's in a new place with lots of people around, he closes his eyes and covers his ears – kind of like rebooting a computer.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Here Be Monsters! An Adventure Involving Magic, Trolls, and Other Creatures; The Ratbridge Chronicles Volume 1 - Learning Guide
Noodle's College Search