The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
by Mark Haddon
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Chapter 53 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- Let's flash back to the flashback.
- Christopher's mother dies two weeks later. He never got to see her in the hospital, but his father had been in to see her, and brought her the card Christopher made for her.
- His dad says she died of a heart attack, which surprises Christopher because she was only thirty-eight years old and very healthy.
- He asks what kind of heart attack it was, but his father tells him that it's not the time to ask questions like that.
- Mrs. Shears (Wellington's owner, remember her?) comes over to cook them dinner and she consoles Christopher's father. Nice lady, it seems.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...