The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time Chapter 7 Summary
How It All Goes Down
- "This is a murder mystery novel," Christopher announces (7.1).
- Siobhan had told him to write something he would like to read himself, and he likes murder mystery novels (particularly the Sherlock Holmes ones). So there you have it.
- Siobhan says that murder mysteries are usually about the murder of a person, and it would be pretty unusual to write one about a dog.
- But Christopher quickly offers up a few reasons why writing about the dog is okay: (1) he likes dogs; (2) he wants to write about something that really happened to him, because he has a hard time imagining things; and (3) he doesn't know any people who have been murdered. Pretty sound reasoning, right?
- He also mentions that some dogs are "more clever and more interesting" than some people – particularly the ones in his class (7.8). Ouch!
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search