Daniel Deronda Chapter 62 Summary
- One day, Mirah is heading home from giving a little concert when she realizes that someone is following her.
- She feels that it her father, but she won't let herself turn around to see him.
- Finally, someone grabs her by the wrist and calls her name. Yup, it's her dad. He looks awful.
- He asks her why she ran away. She tells him that she didn't trust him.
- Mirah's dad asks her where she lives. She says she lives with Mordecai. He asks how she found him.
- Then Mirah's dad asks her for money so he can get some proper clothes.
- She says no. Then he asks if he can get some money for a cigar. He says he'll come back the next day.
- Mirah gives him a little bit of cash. Then she goes into the house sobbing and tells Mordecai that she's seen their father and that he plans to come over the next day.