Daniel Deronda Chapter 62 Summary
- One day, Mirah is heading home from giving a little concert when she realizes that someone is following her.
- She feels that it her father, but she won't let herself turn around to see him.
- Finally, someone grabs her by the wrist and calls her name. Yup, it's her dad. He looks awful.
- He asks her why she ran away. She tells him that she didn't trust him.
- Mirah's dad asks her where she lives. She says she lives with Mordecai. He asks how she found him.
- Then Mirah's dad asks her for money so he can get some proper clothes.
- She says no. Then he asks if he can get some money for a cigar. He says he'll come back the next day.
- Mirah gives him a little bit of cash. Then she goes into the house sobbing and tells Mordecai that she's seen their father and that he plans to come over the next day.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...
Noodle's College Search