Cite This Page
Daniel Deronda Chapter 63 Summary Page 1
- Daniel returns from Genoa. He's been thinking about Mirah a lot. He doesn't love Gwendolen.
- Daniel really wants to see Mordecai. He decides to go straight from the train station to Mordecai's place.
- When he gets there, Daniel cuts to the chase – he tells them that he's discovered that he's Jewish. Of course, Mirah and Mordecai are thrilled. Mirah doesn't say anything, but she feels like a volt of electricity has gone straight through her.
- Daniel tells Mordecai that he'll take on Mordecai's work as his life's task. He still has a lot to learn, though.
- Daniel points out that something seems to be bothering Mirah.
- Mirah can't sleep when she goes to bed that night. She's thinking about Daniel, but she doesn't feel nearly as bad now as she did before.