by George Eliot
Daniel Deronda Chapter 65 Summary
- Daniel hears that Gwendolen wants to see him. He's not all that excited about it.
- Gwendolen asks Daniel if he knows about her husband's will. She wants Daniel to tell her what to do. She tells him that she's trying to be good.
- Gwendolen tells Daniel that she's thinking of only accepting enough money from Grandcourt's will so that her mom can live comfortably but to return everything else.
- Daniel tells her that it's not the best idea ever.
- Daniel tells Gwendolen that everything is going to be OK. She still has time to make herself a good person. He thinks that she has the potential to be one of the best women around.
- Gwendolen tells Daniel that she will remember everything that he has told her.
- She hasn't smiled since Grandcourt died.
People who Shmooped this also Shmooped...